You can count on people who care.MED-CASH - The number one source for cheap, high quality and effective drugs.
Be healthy. Live a happy, long life.
- Drugs Name
Buy Doxycycline Online
What should you know about Doxycycline therapeutic effects?
Doxycycline is a semisynthetic tetracycline, a bacteriostatic broad-spectrum antibiotic. Penetrating into the cell, Doxycycline acts on intracellular pathogens. This antibiotic is active against gram-positive microorganisms Staphylococcus spp. (including Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis), Streptococcus spp. (including Streptococcus pneumoniae), Clostridium spp., Listeria spp.; and gram-negative bacteria: Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Haemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella spp., Entamoeba histolytica, Escherichia coli, Shigella spp., Enterobacter, Salmonella spp. , Yersinia spp. (Pasteurella spp.), Bacteroides spp., Treponema spp.; Haemophilus influenzae and intracellular pathogens.
Doxycycline is active against most dangerous infectious diseases: plague, tularemia, anthrax microbs, Legionella, Brucella, Vibrio comma, rickettsia, agents of glanders, chlamydia (the causative agent of ornithosis, psittacosis, trachoma, venereal granuloma).
When is the drug prescribed?
Infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible organisms:
- respiratory tract infections (pharyngitis, acute and chronic bronchitis, tracheitis, bronchopneumonia, lobar pneumonia, lung abscess, empyema
- infections of ENT organs (otitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, etc.)
- urogenital system infections (cystitis, pyelonephritis, prostatitis, urethritis, etc.)
- biliary tract and gastrointestinal infections (cholecystitis, etc.)
- skin and soft tissue infections (cellulitis, abscesses, etc.)
- infectious diseases of the eyes
- syphilis, yaws, yersiniosis, legionellosis, rickettsial, chlamydial infections
- Q fever , Rocky Mountain spotted fever, typhoid fever, Lyme disease
- bacillary and amoebic dysentery, tularemia, cholera, actinomycosis, malaria
In which cases you must be cautious or completely discontinue the drug?
- severe liver insufficiency
- myasthenia gravis
- pregnancy (II-III trimester)
Which undesirable side effects may be caused by the drug?
Doxycycline adverse effects include:
- nervous system: intracranial hypertension (loss of appetite, vomiting, headache, papilledema), toxic effect on the CNS (dizziness or instability)
- digestive system: nausea, constipation or diarrhea, glossitis, dysphagia, esophagitis, gastritis, gastric ulceration, duodenal ulcer, enterocolitis
- allergic reactions: maculopapular rash, itching, skin flushing, angioedema, anaphylactoid reactions, drug-induced lupus erythematosus
- hematopoiesis: hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, eosinophilia
- other: sensitivity to light, superinfection, persistant change in color of tooth enamel, inflammation of the anogenital area of the perineum. Candidiasis (vaginitis, glossitis, stomatitis, proctitis), dysbacteriosis.
If any of the above apply to you please contact your doctor immediately. Some of the rare occurring side effects may not be included here. For any other risks associated with Doxycycline contact your health care provider.
Possible interactions between Doxycycline and other drugs, supplements and vitamins:
- drugs with Fe, Mg
- lipid-lowering drugs
- indirect anticoagulants
- some antibiotics
- estrogen oral birth control
- anti-tuberculosis drugs
- microsomal oxidation stimulators
- retinol (vitamin A)
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the above mentioned preparations or any other drugs, food supplements or vitamins as they may alter the effectiveness and increase the possibility of adverse effects occurrence when using Doxycycline.
- The preparation should not be used for conditions other then stated by the drug manufacturer.
- If the preparation is intended to be used in children consult your health care provider for other unique contradictions and cautions which may apply to the case.
Keep the drug as well as any other disposable material out of the reach of children.
Doxycycline special cautions: Doxycycline capsules should be taken during the day with plenty of fluids or food.
Doxycycline antibiotic was compared with azithromycin in acne treatment.