You can count on people who care.MED-CASH - The number one source for cheap, high quality and effective drugs.
Be healthy. Live a happy, long life.
- Drugs Name
Buy Augmentin Online
- Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid
What should you know about the Augmentin therapeutic effects?
Augmentin is a combined antibiotic with a broad spectrum of action, resistant to the action of β-lactamases. Augmentin contains two active ingredients - antibiotic amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
Amoxicillin is a half-synthetic antibiotic with a broad spectrum of action. It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. Amoxicillin is inactivated by the action of beta-lactamases, thus it does not affect microorganisms which are able to produce enzymes.
Clavulanic acid is a beta-lactam compound, which is able to inactivate the most of beta-lactamases - enzymes which are produced by microorganisms resistant to penicillins and cephalosporins.
Augmentin is active against gram-positive aerobic microorganisms, gram-positive anaerobic microorganisms, gram-negative anaerobic microorganisms, other microorganisms.
When is the drug prescribed?
Augmentin is used to treat infectious diseases caused by sensitive to the medication microorganisms:
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract
- ENT infection
- Infections of the lower respiratory tract: aggravation of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis;
- Infections of the urogenital system: gonorrhea caused Neisseria gonorrhoeae, cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, infections of the female genital organs caused by bacteria from Enterobacteriaceae group, Staphylococcus saprophyticus,
- Skin and soft tissue infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes amd Bacteroides;
- Bone and joints infections: osteomyelitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus
- Other mixed infections including septic abortion, obstetric sepsis and intra-abdominal infections.
In which cases you must be cautious or completely discontinue the drug?
Augmentin is contraindicated for use in:
- Jaundice and liver disorders
- Hypersensitivity to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid and other beta-lactam antibiotics
- Infectious mononucleosis
Make sure to let your doctor know if you pregnant or breastfeeding.
Which undesirable side effects may be caused by the drug?
The Augmentin adverse effects include:
- Diarrhea or loose stools
Other Augmentin side effects include:
- Severe diarrhea
- Symptoms of liver damage: jaundice, dark urine, stomach pain
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Signs of allergic reactions
If any of the above apply to you please contact your doctor immediately. Some of the rare occurring side effects may not be included here. For any other risks associated with Augmentin contact your health care provider.
Possible interactions between Augmentin and other drugs, supplements and vitamins:
- Birth control pills
- Oral typhoid vaccine
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the above mentioned preparations or any other drugs, food supplements or vitamins as they may alter the effectiveness and increase the possibility of adverse effects occurrence when using Augmentin.
- The preparation should not be used for conditions other then stated by the drug manufacturer.
- If the preparation is intended to be used in children consult your health care provider for other unique contradictions and cautions which may apply to the case.
- Keep the drug as well as any other disposable material out of the reach of children.
Most of the side effects associated to Augmentin are similar to those occurring in patients taking other antibiotics.