You can count on people who care.MED-CASH - The number one source for cheap, high quality and effective drugs.
Be healthy. Live a happy, long life.
- Drugs Name
Buy Amoxicillin Online
The commercial name of the medication may differ from the brand one. Generic Amoxicillin manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals is available under commercial name Mokcan.
What should you know about the Amoxicillin therapeutic effects?
Amoxicillin is a semi-synthetic broad spectrum penicillin antibiotic with bactericidal effect a Amoxicillin helps to interrupts the synthesis of peptidoglycan (base polymer of the cell wall) in the period of division and growth, causing lysis of bacteria. Amoxicillin is active against aerobic gram-positive microorganisms: Staphylococcus spp. (with the exception of strains producing penicillinase), Streptococcus spp. and aerobic gram-negative organisms: Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Escherichia coli, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Klebsiella spp. The strains producing penicillinase are resistant to the action of amoxicillin.
When is the drug prescribed?
- bacterial infections caused by sensitive pathogens: respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute otitis media)
- bacterial infections of the urogenital system (cystitis, pyelonephritis, pyelitis, urethritis, gonorrhea, endometritis, cervicitis)
- abdominal infections (peritonitis, cholangitis, cholecystitis)
- skin and soft tissues infections (erysipelas, impetigo, secondarily infected dermatoses, leptospirosis, listeria, Lyme disease)
- gastrointestinal infections (dysentery, salmonellosis, Salmonella carriage)
- meningitis, sepsis, endocarditis prophylaxis
In which cases you must be cautious or completely discontinue the drug?
- Hypersensitivity (including to other penicillins, cephalosporins, carbapenems)
- Multivalent hypersensitivity to xenobiotics
- Infectious mononucleosis
- A history of gastrointestinal disease (especially colitis associated with antibiotics intake)
- Renal insufficiency
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Which undesirable side effects may be caused by the drug?
The Amoxicillin adverse effects include:
- Allergic reactions: possible - urticaria, skin hyperemia, erythematous rash, angioedema, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, rarely - fever, arthralgia, eosinophilia, exfoliative dermatitis, and erythema multiform (including Stevens-Johnson syndrome), reactions similar to serum disease, in rare cases - anaphylactic shock
- digestive system reactions: dysbacteriosis, taste perversion, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, stomatitis, glossitis, rare - pseudomembranous enterocolitis
- nervous system reactions: agitation, anxiety, insomnia, ataxia, confusion, behavioral changes, depression, peripheral neuropathy, headache, dizziness, epileptic reactions
- laboratory indexes: leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, anemia
- others: apnea, tachycardia, interstitial nephritis, vaginal candidiasis, superinfection (especially in patients with chronic diseases or low resistance of the body).
If any of the above apply to you, please contact your doctor immediately. Some of the rare occurring side effects may not be included here. For any other risks associated with Amoxicillin contact your health care provider.
Possible interactions between Amoxicillin and other drugs, supplements and vitamins:
- osteoarthritis drugs
- vitamin C
- indirect anticoagulants
- oral contraceptives containing estrogen
- cytostatic drugs
- cardiac glycosides
- non-steroidal anti-inflammation drugs
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the above mentioned preparations or any other drugs, food supplements or vitamins as they may alter the effectiveness and increase the possibility of adverse effects occurrence when using Amoxicillin.
- The preparation should not be used for conditions other then stated by the drug manufacturer.
- If the preparation is intended to be used in children consult your health care provider for other unique contradictions and cautions which may apply to the case.
Keep the drug as well as any other disposable material out of the reach of children.
Amoxicillin is effective in the treatment of the bacterial infections caused by susceptible micro-flora
Sinusitis is a common disorder, which frequently occurs in autumn and spring. The disorder is characterized by an infection of the sinus cavities of the nasal passage.
British pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline has announced the sale of its production of oral penicillins in the U.S.
Amoxicillin - is an antibiotic drug which is known all over the world such names as: Alphamox, Amoxil, Trimox and etc. the drug belongs to a group of antibiotic compounds called penicillins.
Antibiotics are the mainstay treatment for all urinary tract infections.