You can count on people who care.
MED-CASH - The number one source for cheap, high quality and effective drugs.
Be healthy. Live a happy, long life.
July 17, 2012
Useful information for future consumers of Yasmin birth control pills
Yasmin birth control pills are a type of medication used for contraception; this article deals with the most significant facts related to Yasmin and also with the way you should interact with this drug (from rules that should be followed before taking it to things you should keep in mind during use and after).
What it is and how it acts on your body
There are a few crucial things you should know before starting taking this drug. These things are equally valid irrespective of various contexts, so you should keep a close eye on the list below:
- As already mentioned, Yasmin is a contraceptive; as such it modifies the cervical and uterine lining, thus preventing ovulation
- In addition, it doesn't allow potentially fertilized eggs to attach to the uterine wall and it makes it difficult for sperm to reach the uterus
- It can be used to modify your monthly period and to reduce the amount of blood you lose during your period
What should you know before considering taking Yasmin birth control pills
Any contraceptive comports certain risks and this can also be said about Yasmin; because of this, you need to take a number of precautions and to engage in certain actions before actually taking this specific drug. Below, you will find a full list of possible actions you can undertake if you want to make sure that everything is going to be all right during and after taking Yasmin birth control pills, and also, to make sure they're going to be effective in the short and long run:
- You must consult your gynecologist if you intend to take birth control pills because, from a medical perspective, this is a very important step. Be open with your physician and explain your needs in detail so that he or she can come up with the right treatment for you
- You should be very careful with taking this drug if you haven't done regular gynecologic checks in the last two years. There are cases however when the absence of these controls won't affect your doctor's decision in prescribing you Yasmin
Certain conditions affect or are affected by this drug:
- Heart valve disorder and high blood pressure are both influenced by Yasmin, so you should avoid it if you suffer from these conditions
- Regular headaches - unless otherwise advised by your doctor, you should avoid taking Yasmin if you're experiencing regular headaches whose cause hasn't been determined yet or whose cause renders a condition that is in any way contrastive to the nature of this drug
- Kidney or liver conditions - for more information on this topic, you should consult your physician, because there are cases when you can take Yasmin even if you have such a condition
- Atypical vaginal bleeding - in general, such bleedings are correlated with inconsistent periods, but there are cases when they can hide more serious conditions, such as hormone imbalance or cervical cancer
- Blood circulation problems - if you suffer from anything directly correlated with your circulatory system, you should think twice before taking this drug, because it can influence the way the blood circulates through your system, thus potentially worsening your condition
In addition to these rather serious conditions, you should take into account the fact that there are several other cases of which you must inform your doctor before being prescribed Yasmin. Here are just a few of them, in no order of preference or importance:
- Problems with your weight - in general, this refers to unstable weight rates in patients, overweight patients, and obese patients
- If you have, are having, have had any type of seizure, from the most common ones, to the most serious ones, such as epileptic seizures
- Any hormonal imbalance, irrespective of its nature. Imagine that your system is a very complicated mechanism, based on the inter-correlation of many hormones that affect and influence one another. Not informing your doctor about such a condition could lead to more serious conditions in the future
- Diabetes - with few exceptions, Yasmin is not recommended if you have diabetes; however, tell your doctor, because he or she may think otherwise
- Psychological manifestations, psychotic manifestations or a history of any other similar cases, such as depression - this is nothing to worry about, but there are cases when the psychological condition of the patient influences the way hormones behave in the system and your doctor needs to be informed on the topic so that he or she can take the right decision for you